Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Baby watch: T-minus 3 weeks...plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

The more things change, the more they're the same.

As we near the appointed hour, I wonder what changes this second baby will bring to our lives.

I confess, somewhat more on the "Oh My GOD, how are we gonna __(fill in the blank)__... with two!" side than the "stretching the mind toward infinite possibilities" side.

And yet, not everything changes. It is comforting to be able to rely on continuity in the face of peril.

So when I hear our august leaders respond to evidence of foul play with confusing canards and prevarications, I am not offended. I am calmed.

When French patriots shout "France, love it or leave it!" at disaffected neighbors, I am taken back to a more simple time when this was American jingoism.

See, our democratic values are taking root in other places of the world...

So the world goes on in the same ways.

As December waxes, we'll be a little out of the world, hibernating with a couple of snuggly little girls in the warm, comforting, familiar constants with new babies:

sleep-deprivation hallucinations

strung-out nerves

muconium


ahhhh.....

4 Comments:

At 12:54 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Holy moly! Congrats with the new baby on the way! God will take care of you with this little blessing.

 
At 4:53 PM, Blogger jer,uh...ME! said...

Eeeee! Two friends posting to the same message. :?)

El Corporal is also expecting a second delivery - but TWINS!!!

I'll share my blessings with them as they will need plenty with three boys!?!

Holy Moly indeed! :?D

I'll catch ya later, Sarah - BTW there's a package in the mail with the wedding gift. Sould arrive UPS around Wednesday next week.

 
At 7:45 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee a package!

I cannot wait for little blessings with Erik, tee hee.

 
At 8:02 AM, Blogger jer,uh...ME! said...

Double-entendre? :?) Oh! The little blessings wasn't referring to the package!

^_^


Uh, beware the styrofoam peanuts. The UPS store guy didn’t have the rice flour alternatives. He also wanted to be EXTRA careful nothing would break. Musta thought theere were fragine items in the package.

Oops! Did I say, “break” and “items”??? I’m so bad!

–snicker–

Talk to ya later. I gotta set up for class now...



*wanders off musing on how many suffixes he can sling around today...ed, ly, ous, ness, ment...*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home