Monday, November 28, 2005

My daughter gets to be empress (maybe)

Being a father tends to open your eyes to things that may affect your kids.

Suddenly school bond measures and things like that become more than just another tax.

Being the father of girls opens up your eyes to the world of things that, as a guy, you never really think about. Not unless you're lying in a ditch with a soggy newspaper headline as your companion (my fate just the other day, it so happens).

I've cheered for Title 9 rights that may affect my girls someday and for strong female role-models.

My girls / anyone's girls should get to be scholarship athletes or executives or anything else they want. If they want to be world-class homemakers and mothers like my wife, then I'm a'gonna fight for that too.

So when I read this today, I said, "Right on! More opportunity for girls!" :?)

4 Comments:

At 7:44 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

HOoray! I think we need to give girls praise and permissions to be moms and homemakers (or in our house "director of domestic affairs".) I was really ashamed for a long time to admit that this is what I want to do. Like today- I'd so rather stay home cooking and cleaning than go to work.

 
At 4:46 PM, Blogger jer,uh...ME! said...

I suspect my girls are gong to be fairly assertive about what they want to do.

Sarah Nicole is already a dead ringer for Peppermint Patty-even down to the husky voice. I imagine #2 will be like Lucy or something.

Weren't all the girls on Peanuts pretty strong and all the boys a little bit out of their depth?

heh heh :-)

 
At 1:10 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

I was asseritve, too. Who am I kidding? I AM assertive. ;oP

 
At 1:17 PM, Blogger jer,uh...ME! said...

ya think? ;?p

 

Post a Comment

<< Home