Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Baby Watch: T-minus any day now...Climb Mount Niitaka

I will be daily reporting on the baby now that we are into the "any minute now". Naturally I cannot concentrate on work.

We thought the baby might come Thanksgiving. We expected last week. Now we are reasonably certain something is afoot...

Exhibit A: There has been unusual activity of late at the Japanese Embassy.

Exhibit B: Kari's fortune cookie last Friday read, "You have a winning way about you. Climb Mount Niitaka."

Exhibit C: Tomorrow is December 7.

Now why do I expect to be awakened round about dawn with a shrieking in my ear:

Tora! Tora! Tora!

^_^

5 Comments:

At 6:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You do have a "get out of meeting free" card now. If things get dull, grab your phone, look concerned at the text message, and bolt. Later you can say that it was a false alarm.

 
At 10:20 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

*chanting* BA-BY BA-BY BA-BY!

 
At 10:41 AM, Blogger jer,uh...ME! said...

sadly, I've concluded all my real work. Some wierd impulse to be proactive about my leave of absence.

Now I'm stuck with an empty schedule and sifting through my stack of "do these things only if stranded on a desert island with nothing else to do but wait to die" tasks.

So naturally I am blogging. :?p

 
At 10:43 AM, Blogger jer,uh...ME! said...

Keep chanting Sarah. We need psychic energy or something to get us over the hump.

Sarah Nicole has been jumping onto mamma for a couple of weeks to no effect. We discourage her, but lately it's only half-hearted. ;?)

 
At 3:26 PM, Blogger jer,uh...ME! said...

taking deep breaths...

putting.the.coffee.down.

el corporal! (need to update it to el sargento!, buddy) is right.

If the confounding arrival time is not to be wink'd at, how shall we (the royal We) stretch our eye when the more considerable work appears before us? ;?)

Naw, I won't laugh at your plight- 'cause karma is real.

*thumps boot on ankle*

And I'd be inviting something like my girls becoming smitten with your boys...And then they'll be over at my house all the time.

Oh no! ;?p

 

Post a Comment

<< Home