Monday, January 30, 2006

too much sleep

Am I hitting my "wall" as a blogger? Seems like I've been going on for a little while without serious new inspiration. Or maybe I just got too much sleep last night and am feeling sluggish.

Maybe I just need to get in the kitchen a little bit more.

Y'see, writing is one of my outlets, but cooking is where I get to really create something in a jiffy.

I can always go to the Joy of Cooking well and pull out a new recipe. In under an hour I've gotten my fix of experimenting, applied technique and results to chew on (literally and metaphorically).

It's been awhile, so tonight just might see a little magic in front of the range.

For a certain someone's birthday, I think I shall try out my volcanic cupcake recipe...using a cupcake mix this time. Will the mix yield a fluffier cake that still rises quickly enough to contain the melting truffle within??? Will it?!?

Only time will tell-- Sixteen minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home