Friday, March 10, 2006

mudsucked

Well, I'll be...

Got a disturbing request from my boss just minutes before end-of-day on a Friday.

'Be prepared to start looking for another job.'

Nice message for a Friday. Feels rather like the tugging of a certain rug... But not entirely un-expected.

We are going through some re-focusing of our team mission, and could be the Powers don't want a staff of 6 doing some reduced amount of training. I am #3 trainer of the three we have, time-in-service-wise, though I will always be #1 in my book.

Nothing definite yet, but after 5 years in the same department and 4 years in the same job now may be a good time to enbrace entropy.

So, I am covering my bases; keeping my options open; updating my resume; listening to the tracks; reading the tea leaves; checking the listings; being proactive; and looking forward to a stiff drink tonight.

On the plus side, I am going up to the mountain tomorrow to play in the snow, drink cocoa and maybe crack open a James Clavell book. Better take Noble House. Plenty thick...

hasta

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home