Thursday, July 27, 2006

swollen memebrains

Just a little check in from the Summer Institute...

I am having a grand time this week. Lot's of new inputs to swell my brain. But more than just additional intercultural tools for my professional toolkit, I am undergoing some substantial mental growth.

Like sitting in workshop and feeling my brain actually putting pressure on my skull. I'm not getting smarter, but my pathways for making meaning are altering.

Heady stuff indeed.

It is exhilarating and unsettling and ultimately system-changing. Now the rest of what I think and do has to adjust to bring my self system back into equilibrium.

I stopped back into work yesterday afternoon after only 2+ days away and the place looked older. I felt like I was gone for a month or longer. I am seeing it through a new lens.

When I am totally back in another week, I won't really be back - it'll be a different place as I am in a different place.

I confess I am curious and energized in new ways, but I don't quite know how I'll relate to the same people at work.

Just as expatriates have a hard time reintegrating and just as it is "lonely at the top", I don't quite know who I will talk to about my experiences and about my readjustment.

Will probably have to reach out to the blogosphere.

2 Comments:

At 12:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nah, I think it was just that Thai food you ate. :-P

 
At 9:17 AM, Blogger jer,uh...ME! said...

But I didn't eat any shellfish... :?p

 

Post a Comment

<< Home