Wednesday, January 03, 2007

GOOD?

Hear about GOOD magazine yet?

I caught a bit on NPR. Sounds cool if they manage to stay on the straight and narrow.

Here's the premise--

People (WE!) are starting to exercise our discretion more about purchasing organic, local, and other socially & ecologically responsible products.

GOOD magainze trades on the idea that concerned people will want to know about businesses and products that are doing "good."

So, for a subscription fee, you get a magazine that exposes you to a greater circle of conscientious choices.

And the subscription fee is 100% donated to charity (you choose from a list).

Sound GOOD?

Hopefully. I am off today to pick up an issue at Barnes & Noble. I haven't found much goodness yet on their web page, so I am going to check out the paper copy.

I will let you know how it goes.

jer, uh...ME!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 3:25 PM, Blogger Ed H. said...

If the whole thing is about buying local, why don't you buy it from Powell's, or another local bookstore, instead of B&N?

 
At 8:48 AM, Blogger jer,uh...ME! said...

Valid question. *fingers a spiked cudgel behind his back*

:?)

When I looked at the list of stores carrying the mag I didn't see Powell's on it. Might have been my miss, but it looked like I'd have to try an alternative bookstore in Newport.

And that didn't seem particularly local.

:?)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home